courtlynnschneider

Saturday, January 07, 2006


Coutlynn Janice Schneider
9/15/02-12/25/05
Courtlynn was ahealthy, active 3 year old girl who melted everyone's heart. Courtlynn's life was cut short due to a tragic accident that could have been prevented if there was more awareness to parent's, caregivers, etc. Courtlynn was just proving to her parents that she was a big enough girl to have her own big girl dresser and tv. On Christmas eve of 2005 Courtlynn pulled out the bottom drawer of her dresser to either change the channel or put in a movie. When Courtlynn went to do this her 27 inch tv came crashing of the dresser and pinned her on the floor. Upon hearing the thump we went running in to see what had happened. When we arrived in the bedroom we discovered a horrible accident. Courtlynn was laying on the floor with the tv on top of her. Upon removing the tv off of her we realized how bad this was. Courtlynn was not crying. She laid there with blood coming out of her ear and her eyes rolling back in her head. Courtlynn was still breathing but unconcious. Courtlynn was transported to the hospitol where she under went a 3 hour brain sugery. Courtlynns injury was so severe that the staff had prepared us for the worst thing possible to happen. They told us that she probably will not survive. At 5:00 am on Christmas day Courtlynn took a turn for the worst. She passed in the arms of her parents at 7:40 am on Christmas Day. I am telling you this story because something needs to be done to pass the bill through the legislation. Please let Courtlynn's story raise awareness to not only you but everyone possible. Please help me keep Courtlynn's name alive and pass this on to as many people as you can so we can get this bill passed. In memory of all the children lost to these horrible tragedys.
Courtlynn Janice Schneider "Dolly"
9/15/02-12/25/05

Courtlynn was a healthy, active 3 year old girl who melted everyone's heart. Courtlynn's life was cut short due to a tragic accident that all parents are guilty of doing. Courtlynn was just proving to her parents that she was a big enough girl to have her own big girl dresser and tv. on Christmas eve of 2005 Courtlynn pulled out the bottom drawer of her dresser to climb up and either change the channel or put a tape into the vcr. When Courtlynn went to do this the tv came crashing of the dresser and pinned her on the floor. Upon hearing the thump we went running in to see what had happened. When we arrived into the bedroom Courtlynn was laying on the floor pinned under the tv. We had moved the tv to find Courtlynn laying there with blood coming out of her ears and her eyes rolling back into her head. At that time Courtlynn was breathing but unconcious. Courtlynn was transported to the hospitol where she under went a 3 hour brain sugery. Courtlynn's injury was so severe that we were prepared by the staff for the worst thing possible to happen. Courtlynn survived through Christmas eve night. At 5:00 am the next morning Courtlynn took a turn for the worst. Her blood pressure sky rocketed, her oxygen level fell, and her heart had been damaged. The staff had done all they could and now it was only a matter of time. Courtlynn was placed in the arms of her parents and passed away at 7:40 am on Christmas Day. Now you are probably wondering why I am telling you of this story. I want to make you aware of the dangers with the furniture in our homes. I want my tragedy to be a wake up to all parents with children. There is currntly a bill in the legislative to make all furniture companies supply straps to prevent this from happening to another child. I encourage you to please read the bill and write a letter to your legislative department to inforce this bill.